Experienced Electronics Buyer
Axis Electronics Ltd.
We are seeking an experienced Electronics Buyer to complement our High-Performance team here at our Bedford (UK) site working in High Reliability technology sectors.
Working with a small team you will be responsible for sourcing, purchasing components and managing suppliers to support our manufacturing team and wider business functions. You will have the ability develop and manage key supplier relationships to support the development procurement function and Sourcing Strategy.
Additionally, you will have the opportunity to be part of the team to support the businesses Digital Supply Chain strategy.
Key Responsibilities :
- Identify purchasing requirements using Business ERP system.
- Negotiate pricing and favourable terms with Suppliers.
- Manage Supplier orderbooks, and update key ERP records to ensure last part date are accurate and visible to the Scheduling and Manufacturing teams.
- Collaborate with internal and external customers to ensure requirements are met to achieve timely arrival of goods.
- Develop technical understanding of Print Circuit Boards (PCBs), Metalwork and other drawn items.
- Identify opportunities for savings (PPV) for the business.
- Support the businesses Digital Supply Chain strategy.
- Support the wider global Cicor Strategic Sourcing community.
- Experience in Electronics Procurement for a manufacturing environment.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Excellent computer skills.
- ERP experience, ideally IFS but not essential.
- Team player, with a can-do attitude.
- Has rights to work in the UK
In return we offer:
We offer competitive pay that is reviewed annually and a discretionary bonus scheme linked to our overall company performance. We also offer a pension scheme with generous employer contributions and a life assurance scheme. Our staff discounts scheme offers a variety of savings across a broad range of retailers and leisure activities.
You will enjoy working in a supportive and inclusive environment, with flexible working opportunities and family friendly policies that promote work life balance. We are committed to developing our people and you will be encouraged to reach your full potential with plenty of opportunities for your personal growth.
We care about your wellbeing and have an Employee Assistance Programme, access to lots of wellbeing resources and Mental Health First Aiders.
Based on the outskirts of Bedford, we have good transport links for the train & bus
At Axis we expect every employee to commit to our Teamship Rules:
- Caring: for each other, our customers, our suppliers and all other stakeholders
- Hardworking: with diligence, creativity, and by going the extra mile
- Integrity: through honesty with oneself and with others
- Positivity: a can do attitude
- Synergy: a united front as team Axis