Head of Engineering
Axis Electronics Ltd.
Our success comes from our people who collaborate at every level to add value to our customers business ever day. Our ambition never stops, and we want you to join our successful and highly motivated team as the Head of Engineering. This is a newly created role as we look to diversify our service to meet the future requirements of our customers and help drive our ambitious business plan.
A demonstrable track record of leading a multi-disciplined technical team in an aerospace and defence environment with direct participation in the wider success of total supply program success by having close working relationships with customers and other third parties.
The high performing team that you lead also has a responsibility to support Business Development opportunities and so you will work in close collaboration with Business Development colleagues on new business opportunities with current customers, with new customers, in new markets and in new services all as a key member of the senior leadership team delivering the business strategic plan.
The role will require close collaboration with European and global Cicor Group engineering functions to promote business and group success necessitating occasional international travel.
Required Qualification and Skills
Experience of developing skills within the team and contributing to the HR Succession Planning process.
Axis uses several business systems and tools such as National Instruments, Altium Schematic capture and Aegis Factory Logix to deliver engineering solutions. A broad knowledge of these is important and in particular you will be adept at :
- Project Management
- The key steps in the successful delivery of a development and design processes
- Identifying, supporting, and embedding software tools and hardware options used to deliver designed functional test solutions.
- Commissioning the latest printed circuit assembly and manufacturing process test systems.
- Best practice use of a Manufacturing Execution System.
A well thought through and detailed opinion on what Industry 4.0 and the digital transformation means for a business-like Axis Electronics will support the delivery of the business plan.
UK citizenship is essential for security clearance.
At Axis we expect every employee to commit to our Teamship Rules:
- Caring: for each other, our customers, our suppliers and all other stakeholders
- Hardworking: with diligence, creativity, and by going the extra mile
- Integrity: through honesty with oneself and with others
- Positivity: a can do attitude
- Synergy: a united front as team Axis