Axis Electronics Ltd.
We have ambitious growth plans over the next 5 years and are looking for a Process Engineer with a passion to deliver our market leading customers within a high technology, high reliability EMS.
The role is primarily to create and maintain manufacturing process procedures which involves the purchase, implementation and upkeep of new machinery and process methods throughout manufacturing.
Our growth plans mean lots of new customer products and as a technical expert, you’ll be involved in developing our processes that enable us to manufacture the forefront of technology. You will work alongside the Engineering, Maintenance and Technical Manufacturing teams to ensure process’ are operational and streamlined. You will be able to demonstrate your success in engineering through keeping up with technological advances and industry standards.
Ideally, you’ll have a background in electronic manufacturing within a high reliability, low to medium volume sector. Your positive attitude, ability to understand our business and commitment to your customers will be the key to your success.
- Introduce, monitor and maintain the effectiveness of manufacturing processes
- Work alongside all business areas on continuous improvement
- Support in the onboarding and requirements capture of new customers
- Provide technical expertise and mentoring for manufacturing processes to all employees
- Keep up to date with advances in technology and manufacturing process developments
- Keep up to date with customer and industry standard requirements impacting manufacturing processes
- Maintain good working relationships with all Axis personnel, relevant customers and suppliers
- An Engineering related Degree or relevant industry experience
- Strong English communication skills (written and verbal)
- Fully understand Lean Manufacturing, 8 Waste elimination and Design for Manufacture
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office tools
- Strong ability in analysing and making data driven decisions
Nice to have’s:
- Electronic manufacturing experience within a high reliability, low to medium volume sector.
- Be J-STD-001 trained
- Use of established quality assurance tools – 5Ys, Ishikawa, Lean Six Sigma, RCCA, SPC, FMEA, etc.
- Knowledge of IFS ERP system.
- Effective ability in using risk management techniques.
- A thorough understanding and experience using industry recognised engineering tools i.e. PFMEA, SPC, Six Sigma
In return we offer;
We offer competitive pay that is reviewed annually and a discretionary bonus scheme linked to our overall company performance. We also offer a pension scheme with generous employer contributions and a life assurance scheme. Our staff discounts scheme offers a variety of savings across a broad range of retailers and leisure activities.
You will enjoy working in a supportive and inclusive environment, with flexible working opportunities and family friendly policies that promote work life balance. We are committed to developing our people and you will be encouraged to reach your full potential with plenty of opportunities for your personal growth.
We care about your wellbeing and have an Employee Assistance Programme, access to lots of wellbeing resources and Mental Health First Aiders.
Based on the outskirts of Bedford, we have good transport links for the train & bus
At Axis we expect every employee to commit to our Teamship Rules:
- Caring: for each other, our customers, our suppliers and all other stakeholders
- Hardworking: with diligence, creativity, and by going the extra mile
- Integrity: through honesty with oneself and with others
- Positivity: a can do attitude
- Synergy: a united front as team Axis